Second publication in Transformative Health e-book series features provider perspectives
and industry insights on moving patient engagement from concept to practice
Bethesda, Md., Sept. 30, 2014 – Transformative Health, an online publication of the O’Neil Center, today published a new e-book, “Patient Engagement: Beyond the Buzz.” The e-book includes 10 interviews and articles with health care industry thought leaders on the value of patient engagement and technology to advance care and improve outcomes.
Since its launch in November 2012, Transformative Health has published insights from executives, front-line clinicians and technology experts who are transforming the delivery of health care. “Patient Engagement: Beyond the Buzz” assembles industry knowledge from leaders inside and outside of the care setting to outline effective strategies for adopting health IT, managing change and activating patients and families.
“Patient Engagement: Beyond the Buzz” includes articles by and interviews with:
- Rhonda Anderson, RN, CEO of Cardon Children’s Medical Center
- Connie C. Bonebrake, MSW, senior vice president and chief patient experience officer of Carolinas HealthCare System
- Todd Folkenberg, CEO of Castle Rock Adventist Health Campus
- Karen Fordham, vice president and COO of DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Michael Lynch, M.D., CMO of Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Bonnie Barnes, FAAN, co-founder and president of The DAISY Foundation
- Seth Frazier, CTO of Evolent Health
- Devin Jopp, Ed.D., CEO of the Workshop for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI)
- Peter Kilbridge, M.D., senior research director of The Advisory Board Company
- Mark Wietecha, president and CEO of the Children’s Hospital Associatio