GetWellNetwork started on the premise that a more active and involved patient is a better, healthier patient. And, that our relentless focus will be to make health care better for the next person up to the plate in a life-defining moment. While I always thought we would have an impact on patient care, I never dreamed our work would evolve to take center stage among the leading health care providers in the world.
Today, we are working in over 600 client sites and touching over 10 million patients and families annually. Yet, in some ways, it feels like we are just getting started. As the company continues to grow, one thing remains unchanged: our vision to give patients and families a voice in their care—every person, every family, every time. Simply put, what we do matters, and matters more than ever.
We’ve only just begun to realize our full potential and purpose. Earlier this month we acquired HealthLoop, a digital health company located in Mountain View, Calif., the heart of Silicon Valley. HealthLoop’s dynamic care plans and automated monitoring tools help health care organizations assess risk in real time and rapidly scale patient engagement to dramatically improve patient satisfaction and health outcomes.
Adding HealthLoop’s consumer-focused tools and services to GetWellNetwork’s integrated platform of cross-continuum solutions puts the company at the forefront of the changing health care landscape and at the heart of the patient journey.
Now, let me explain the “why.”
For a relatively young company, HealthLoop has already established some remarkable stats:
- Their solution boasts active utilization by over 250,000 individuals.
- They facilitate 70,000 automated care visits a month resulting in a savings of $656 per patient.
- And their client base of over 70 clients—now part of our GetWell community—report a 45 percent reduction in readmissions and 54 percent reduction in complications for patients put on a “Loop.”
Clearly, both GetWellNetwork and HealthLoop employ a synergistic approach to patient engagement and high utilization.
The core values and respective missions of both companies align:
- Between both companies, there exists an unwavering belief in the power of the patient to drive improved health outcomes.
- We’re both passionate about empowering patients and families to become active participants in their care by bringing the right information to the point of need.
Our offerings complement our strategic vision:
- Their scalable ambulatory technology and experience in the fast-growing, digital consumer health management market complement our long-term vision to expand GetWellNetwork’s footprint in digital consumer health care beyond acute-care settings.
What does this acquisition mean for health care providers?
- Expanded data and analytics capabilities, allows us to expose data access tools, analytical summaries, business intelligence tools, and reports to help clients better understand patient interactions.
- We can coalesce outreach to better engage patients, substantially affecting their experiences and outcomes.
- We’ll elevate our current ambulatory offering and provide teams with a comprehensive set of tools.
Together, GetWellNetwork and HealthLoop boast:
- 10M+ patient interactions, annually
- 700+ health care organizations
- 100+ engineers
- 25+ clinicians focused exclusively on patient engagement
This partnership is a testament to the outstanding team HealthLoop has assembled, the rapidly scaling business they’ve created and the advanced solution they’ve developed. Not only will our customers continue to receive the same distinctive quality and service they have come to expect, but they’ll also benefit from the combined company’s distinguished portfolio of solutions and services, continued innovation and enhanced capabilities.
We believe the combination of GetWellNetwork with HealthLoop will make us the leading patient engagement company in the world.
Going forward our goals and vision remain unchanged. We’ll continue to help patients and providers connect with confidence on any device, anywhere, anytime by designing, developing and building world-class solutions for the clients who rely on us. This deal is the next step forward for GetWellNetwork and HealthLoop.
Together, we will continue to push the boundaries of connected health.
Best is ahead,